Date & Time
Greensand Casting Foundry and Finishing Machinery for the Production of Chilled/ Ductile Iron Camshaft Castings
JD Norman Lydney Ltd
Greensand Casting Foundry and Finishing Machinery for the Production of Chilled/ Ductile Iron Camshaft Castings.
On the instructions of Sean Bucknall and Graham Randall of Quantuma the joint administrators of JD Norman Lydney Limited.
Location: Gloucester, United Kingdom
Offers Invited: Offers invited immediately
Sale held in conjunction with Lambert Smith Hampton & Robert Levy Associates
Facility & Equipment to include:
(Subject to Availability)
JD Norman Lydney was a leading manufacturer of semi-finished, chilled grey iron camshaft castings primarily for automotive, industrial, and motorcycle engine applications. Prior to closure the Company served a blue-chip customer base including Ford (through Linamar), Jaguar Land Rover and Volvo.
Comprising a fully equipped manufacturing facility extending to a total of 64,000 sq ft (5,948 sq m) on a site of 16.35 acres. The self-contained foundry building extends to 42,500 sq ft (3,950 sq m) with the balance of the accommodation comprising a finishing shop and administrative offices. Approximately 12.6 acres of the site is owned freehold, to include the foundry, and part leasehold which includes the finishing shop and offices. Recent Annual Net Sales for the operation were c. £21million.
The greensand foundry was originally constructed in 1991 at the cost of £11.5M and has benefited from upgrade programmes in recent years. Capacity exists to produce approximately 5 million chilled iron camshafts per annum. The large box size provides flexibility to cast a wide range of engine, transmission and driveline products. Secondary operations at the plant include fettling, end facing, and deep-hole drilling. The principal plant and machinery includes:
- Inductotherm 3,000kW Power-Track Induction Furnace, complete with Transformers and Rectifiers (Year 2018) –Installed cost £520k GBP
- (2) Inductotherm 2,500kW Power-Trak Induction Furnaces, complete with Transformer and Rectifier (year circa 1992)
- (2) Inductotherm electric 4-tonne induction furnaces; total melt rate of 4,200 kg/hour
- (2) Fanuc R-2000iB 6-axis robots/chill placing robots with Eclipse Magnetics attachment with 2 x R-30iB robot controllers;
- (1) Fanuc B-J2/ Arc Mate 120i filter placing robot with Fanuc A05B-2375-B007 and (1) Fanuc R-J3 oil spray robot with robot controller;
- BMD Dynapulse moulding line with a mould size of 812x812x250mm and capability of moulding components with a maximum length of 760mm; The moulding line casts seven to nine camshafts per mould at a gross line speed of 160 moulds per hour
- General Kinematics (GK) shaker/ mould knock-out machine;
- Spencer & Halstead rotary shot blast machine with monorail infeed and outfeed system.
- Sand plant with (3) storage silos, (2) back storage silos; Eirich DW2914MZ9 sand mixer; UHDE DWF sand cooler
The principal items of finishing machinery comprise:
- (14) Koyama Barinder 400 automatic grinding machines (to Year 2012)
- (3) TIBO E15-6-1000TU 6-spindle Automatic deep hole run drilling machines (Year 2012)
- (2) TIBO/ TBT M320-6-1200 6-spindle deep hole gun drilling machines (Year 2001, Recon. 2016)
- TIBO/ TBT 2T30/320-4-630 4-spindle deep hole gun drilling machine
- Bliss Ryder Twin Station Automatic end facing machine with 4 cutting heads
- Mollart MD4 4-spindle deep hole gun drilling machine (Year 1997)
- Mollart Sprint 2-spindle deep hole gun drilling machine (Year 1997)
- Mollart 2-spindle deep hole gun drilling machine
- (8) Marpol 666 double ended pedestal grinder/polisher machines
- Barford SX6000 6T Dumper Truck (Year 2006)
- CASE JX80 Tractor with Q35 Bucket Attachment (Year 2006)
- AW Engineering 7T S&R Twin Axle Trailer (Year 2005)
- ABBEY 2-wheeled Bowser (Year 2007)
- Citroen Relay Drop-side van (Year 2012)
£500k+ (at cost) of Spares, Laboratories, Workshops, Quality Control, Stand-by generator Air Handling and Internal Craneage Throughout.
The site holds the following:
- IOS/TS 16949
- QS 9000
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
Payment Terms: By Negotiation
A data room of information on the facility is available to prospective purchasers. Please email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed NDA’s should be returned to Jan Hills email@example.com and login details will then be sent to you. For further information please make contact with Daniel Gray firstname.lastname@example.org
On the instructions of Quantuma administrators:
Sale in conjunction with: